Adam Alter | Why our screens make us less happy
- Warming up:
- 1. How much time do you spend on your phone per day?
- 2. Are there any moments that you feel you actually shouldn't be on your phone?
- 3. If your children were to use their phone the way you do, would you correct them?
- 4. Will we use our phones even more in the future? If so, what for, if not, why not?
- Now watch the TedTalk and answer these questions:
- 01. What is a common strategy in the business world?
- 02. When are the kids who attend the Waldorf School allowed to use screens?
- 03. Which question did Adam Alter ask himself?
- 04. When people are near the end of their life, which part do they talk about?
05. How many minutes of our free time do we spend on each apps that makes us unhappy?
- 06. What do these "unhappy-making" apps rob us of?
- 07. What did they do to the desks at a Dutch design firm?
- 08. Which activity takes place in the room after that?
- 09. Which reply do you get when you email a Daimler worker when they're on holiday?
- 10. What can happen to your life when you put your phone away?
- 11. What is his advice when you are on that long highway?